Welcome to the first ever Saturdays in the Spa tournament pool! Since there sadly won’t be fans at the track this season, I wanted to spice up the summer meet a little bit the only way I know how…gambling! Check out the weekly tournament I set up with the help of LevyPool.com, it’s going to be run each Saturday this summer and has weekly and season long prizes. And don’t worry, there is zero rake being taken from the house. All the rules are set up below, if you have any more questions feel free to let me know in the comments below or DM me on twitter @SpaSaturdays! Enjoy!
**CONTEST OPENS 7/16**
HOW TO PLAY:
- Each Saturday, players select one horse in each race running at Saratoga as well as an alternate pick to be used in the event of any scratches
- $100 entry for the season (July 18th – September 5th)
- Scoring is based on a $2 win and $2 place bet on your horse for each race
- If your horse wins, you collect on both the Win and Place wagers. If your horse finishes in the Place position (2nd), you collect only on the Place wager.
- For example: if you select horse #1 at 1/1 odds and it wins, your payout would be $4 for the win bet and ~$3 for the show bet, totaling $7. However, if you select horse #2 who has 25/1 odds and it comes in 2nd, you’d receive a higher payout (score) than the person that selected the 1/1 winner.
- Example Race 1 payout:
- All picks must be made prior to Race 1 each week.
- For more information on scoring, check out https://horseplayers.com/rules, which uses the same scoring method.
- Weekly payouts will consist of roughly 40% of the prize pool and will be distributed evenly across the 8-week season; so each week’s winner will receive 5% of the total prize pool.
- The season long payout is where the money is at. Scores from all the weeks combined are used here, payout scale as followed (based on the remaining 60% of the prize pool):
- 1st: 55%
- 2nd: 25%
- 3rd: 12.5%
- 4th: 5%
- 5th: 2.5%
- More details to come regarding payouts once we have an idea of the number of participants.
- Contest opens Thursday, 7/16. Entry will be made via saturdaysinthespa.com.
- A Google form will be sent out to participants each week once Saturday’s Saratoga card is released for players to make their selections.
- Once Race 1 goes off, selections are locked for the day.
- Weekly/season long leaderboards will be as soon as possible after a race is official.
- Payment is due Saturday, July 18th at 1:15pm (post time of Race 1), no exceptions. Pay via Venmo (@saturdaysinthespa) or PayPal (firstname.lastname@example.org).
EXAMPLE SEASON SCOREBOARD:
EXAMPLE SATURDAY SCOREBOARD: